PowerSchool is a secure online grading/attendance program that can be accessed from any computer or smartphone with internet capabilities. With real-time up-to-date information, parents can now easily and quickly access their child's daily attendance and grades. Powerschool can also email parents whenever new grades are posted to the student's account.
For more information on how to create a PowerSchool account please visit the Parent Resource page of the web site.
Once you have logged into your account, PowerSchool will provide you with options to access a variety of information:
- Grades and Attendance: Grades and attendance for the year. Detailed attendance for the last week and current week are shown – by clicking on the total number of absences it will give you a detailed description of each absence (excused, unexcused, AM or PM). By clicking on a current grade you will be connected to any assignments, tests etc. that are included in that grade.
- Grade History: Final grades for previous marking periods. By clicking on the final grade you will see any assignments, tests etc. that made up that grade.
- Attendance History: The attendance codes marked for the current marking period.
- Email Notifications: You can register to receive automatic email reports about your student. Select what information you would like to receive and when you want it sent. You can adjust how often you wish these reports to be sent to you. To email your student’s teacher, simply click on their name (in blue) on any of the screens.
- Teacher Comments: Comments that have been given by your student’s teacher. Comments are separated by each subject.
The PowerSchool App
The PowerSchool for Parents app is free and available for Android®, iPhone® and iPad® users. Using the app, parents can easily view each child's progress in a single feed to check grades, review assignments, and more! Please note that you must set up your parent PowerSchool account (using a computer), before you can access your account on the app. You cannot setup your Powerschool account using the app.
Getting started with app is easy. Simply download the app from the Google Play Store (Android phones) or the Apple Store (iPhones), enter your Powerschool login information, and type in the District Code (below) and the username and password you chose when you created your account. The Archbishop Hannan High School District Code is: GZRK