Lunch at Hannan
School Food and Nutrition Services manages cafeteria services for Archbishop Hannan High School. This well established company gives parents the convenience of prepaying their student’s lunch purchases. The debit account system provides payment for meals and/or a la carte items and increases the speed of food service to students so that they have more time to eat and converse.
Here is a message from School Food and Nutrition Services about the upcoming school year.
Dear students, parents and faculty,
Welcome to the Archbishop Hannan School Cafeteria! We are planning great things for our lunch/breakfast program this year including new menu items, nutrition days and special events. Our prices for the 2023-24 school year are:
1. Student breakfast: $2.75
2. Adult breakfast: TBD
3. Student lunch: $4.00
4. Extra sale items: TBD
School Food and Nutrition Services does not allow any charges. All meals and extra sale items must be paid in advance. In an effort to go "Green" and to simplify the payment process, we are encouraging parents to take advantage of our online payment option. It is fast, easy and beneficial.
- A minimal processing fee is charged for all bank drafts and credit card payments
- Make payments to your child's cafeteria account anytime during the school year
- View student purchases and account balances
- Sign up for monthly auto drafts, emails, or text alerts for low balances
- You will need (1) student's name, (2) school name and (3) birthday or student ID number
- Money added to student's account will post within 10-15 minutes
If you are unable to do online payments, you may send payments to the school cafeteria at any time. Please include the student's name, grade and cafeteria ID number on all payments. Prepaying saves time and allows more time for the students to enjoy their meal. Cash is not accepted at school. Please check with your cafeteria manager before submitting cash.
Listed below is some additional information about our program:
- If a student is returning to the same school, the student will continue to use their pre-assigned cafeteria ID number. New students will be issued a number before the first serving day.
- All balances will be rolled over to the next school year unless a refund is requested.
- School Meal Modification forms are available online. Go to www.schoolcafe.org, Menus, Special diets/Food Allergies to download a form. The Meal Modification form may only be completed by the student's physician. You must provide a new form each school year. The form must be submitted to School Food and Nutrition Services, 1000 Howard Ave., Suite 300, New Orleans, LA 70119-1925.
- The 2023-24 Free/Reduced Meal Applications will be available online. Visit our website www.schoolcafe.org and click on the "Free/Reduced Application" link. Online applications process faster than the paper applications. Therefore, we encourage you to fill out the online application. If you do not have access to a computer, you can obtain a paper application from your cafeteria manager. If your child received free or reduced price meals last school year, you will need to complete a new application at the start of every new school year.
If I may be of assistance, please feel free to contact me.
Delicious and Nutritious
Lunch consists of five menu items. A student may choose to decline two of these five. The five menu items always include: meat or meat alternate, fruits or vegetables (two servings), grains or bread, and choice of skim or 1% milk in flavored or unflavored. Our lunches are specifically designed to provide one-third of the daily recommended allowances for calories, protein, iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C. All lunches meet the requirement of 30 percent or less calories from fat, 10 percent or less calories from saturated fat, when averaged over a five day time period.