Tailgating at Hannan
The success of Archbishop Hannan’s athletic teams heighten community spirit and Hawk pride. Tailgating before home games has become a much loved and honored tradition, as well as a reflection of the unique family atmosphere found at Archbishop Hannan.
Unlike pre-game activity at many colleges and professional sporting events, tailgating at a high school game has restrictions that need to be respected and followed by everyone. In order to ensure our Hannan tailgates remain fun and family-friendly, we require that tailgaters comply with the following guidelines:
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus at any time.
- Archbishop Hannan High School is a tobacco free campus. Smoking (either conventional or vapor) is not permitted on campus at any time.
- While music is permitted, we do not permit songs with vulgar or obscene lyrics. Out of respect for everyone, we ask that tailgaters keep the music volume at a moderate level.
- Tailgaters are responsible for removing all trash from their respective area. A garbage dumpster is accessible behind the cafeteria.
- For safety and legal considerations, the gymnasium restrooms are only open during halftime and after the game. The only bathrooms available during the game are those located near the concession area.
- Profanity, intoxication, aggressive behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct are grounds for eviction from the campus.
- For safety and legal considerations, tailgating must end at 11:00 PM. No one is permitted on campus after the Administrator on Duty closes the school at 11:15 PM.
Tailgating at Archbishop Hannan provides our families another opportunity to gather together and support our athletes, band, cheerleading, and dance team members. Please help us ensure this wonderful tradition continues by complying with all our guidelines listed above. Geaux Hawks!