Tuition & Tuition Assistance
An Archbishop Hannan High School education and formation is an investment in your child’s future that will pay dividends throughout their entire life. Although we need to increase tuition in order to continue providing students and their families with the best possible service, we take significant pride in the fact that coupled with our tuition assistance program, we continue to offer an unparalleled value among private schools on the Northshore.
Tuition and Fees
The tuition and fees for the 2019-20 academic year are:
- Registration: $400
- Tuition: $9,570
- Archdiocesan debt repayment fee: $300
- MacBook Air rental: $315
The Registration fee is due at the time of registration. Archbishop Hannan offers three options to pay tuition.
- Full Payment Option: $10,185 ($10,585 for seniors) payment is due by May 15, 2019.
- Two-Payment Option: The first payment of $6,685 ($7,085 for seniors) is due May 15, 2019 (includes a $100 deferred payment fee). The second payment of $3,600 is due October 15, 2019.
- Bank Loan Option: Ten monthly payments financed through First Bank and Trust. Tuition loans must be set up before May 15, 2019 for a 10 month loan. Loans set up after that date may have a shorter term resulting in higher monthly payments. Click on the link for more information or to apply for the Tuition Loan Program.
How to Pay
We understand the choice of sending your child to Archbishop Hannan involves a significant commitment from the entire family; not the least of which is financial. As a Catholic school we strongly believe in doing whatever we can to assist those families who might not otherwise be able to afford an Archbishop Hannan education, as well those families experiencing temporary financial difficulties. We are proud to offer a need-based tuition assistance program consisting of grants and a Work Study program. Every year, Archbishop Hannan provides over $200,000 in tuition assistance to qualifying students.
Archbishop Hannan High School awards over $200,000 in tuition assistance to more than 100 families annually. Assistance is provided through a combination of the following sources:
- School Grant: Grants are financial assistance provided by Archbishop Hannan High School and are based on need, which do not require any form of repayment.
- Work Study: Work Study provides an opportunity for eligible students to reduce their tuition at Archbishop Hannan High School. As the student completes his or her Work Study responsibilities, their wages are applied toward their tuition until the Work Study awarded amount is earned. While efforts are made to place students in a Work Study position conducive to their sports, activity and family schedule, job requirements and schedules are based on the school's needs and position availability.
Tuition Assistance funds are limited. In order to ensure we are able to provide assistance to all our qualified applicants, Archbishop Hannan does not fully fund 100% of a student’s tuition. Each family will need to contribute a portion of the cost of educating their child.
Feel free to contact our Finance Director, Denis Schexnaydre, for more information on tuition, payment options, or tuition assistance.
To maintain both equity and consistency to all of our families, Archbishop Hannan will grant tuition assistance awards only to those families whose application/tax information has been verified by FACTS, a well-respected grant and tuition assistance assessment service. Awards are based primarily on a family’s demonstrated financial need as determined by the FACTS service after reviewing the supporting documentation.
All families requesting need-based financial aid for the 2019-20 school year must apply by March 31, 2019. In order to complete the application, you will need to use your 2018 tax information. We have instituted this deadline to ensure that all applications and tax form information have adequate time to be verified by FACTS before the School’s Tuition Assistance Committee meeting. FACTS requires two weeks for processing and reviewing documentation.
Please note that all families currently receiving tuition assistance must reapply for the following year. Tuition Assistance will be offered only to students who have submitted the re-registration forms and the required $400 deposit for the 2019-20 school year. There is a limited amount of tuition assistance available and late applications will be considered only if there are remaining funds.
The process for submitting a financial aid application is relatively simple. However, making sure you provide all the necessary supporting documentation is key to making sure you receive the maximum amount of aid for which you qualify. Our primary goal is to distribute financial assistance as fairly as possible, recognizing some families need more assistance than others. In order to achieve this we ask all applicants to follow this application process. We cannot consider any request for financial assistance unless the applicant has completed all of the following steps. Complete and submit your 2018-2019 Registration Form, with the $400 deposit. Only those families who have completed the registration process and submitted the deposit are eligible for financial assistance consideration.
- Complete and submit your 2019-2020 Registration Form, with the $400 deposit. Only those families who have completed the registration process and submitted the deposit are eligible for financial assistance consideration.
- Visit the FACTS secure website. [Click Here to Apply]
- Click on the “Create a FACTS Account” button. Follow the instructions to create an account and complete the online Financial Aid application. The deadline for completing the application and submitting all the required documentation is March 31, 2019 in order to be considered for assistance.
- Submit your Federal Form 1040 Income Tax Return, W-2 forms and supporting documentation for non-taxable income to FACTS. You can upload your documents directly to FACTS by logging scanning them and uploading to your account or fax them to 866-315-9264. Draft or Preview Copy tax documents cannot be accepted.
- The school will send award notification letters electronically to families after April 26, 2019.