The Kettle is Archbishop Hannan High School's on-campus coffee shop proudly serving Abita Roasting Company coffee and products since the 2021-22 school year. The Kettle is open from 7 a.m.-to-4 p.m. to both faculty and students and serves coffee, smoothies, teas and breakfast items before school, during lunch and after school. The Kettle employs Archbishop Hannan students and is run by Mrs. Brittany Ordoyne.
The Hannan Library
Modern. State-of-the-Art. Accessible. Our Library welcomes students and faculty from 7 a.m-to-4 p.m., Monday through Friday. A true learning center, the Hannan Library offers more than 9,000 print and non-print items, along with access to numerous research databases, and other resources. Each year, Hannan’s librarian updates both the reference and circulating collections to reflect changes in the school’s curriculum.
Our mission for the Archbishop Hannan Library is to empower students and staff to use ideas and information effectively. We do this by:
- Providing both physical and digital materials.
- Offering instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- Working with faculty to design and implement research strategies to meet specific classroom objectives.
- Promoting library celebrations, including National Poetry Month, Banned Books Week, Drop Everything & Read.
- Cooperating with St. Tammany Parish Library for access to their servers, materials. and programs.
- Tables and areas for study, collaboration, and reading
- Comfortable couches and chairs for collaboration and personal reading
- Computer availability
- Printing and copying .10/page
- Individual study carrels
- Research sessions by arrangement with the librarian for papers and projects
- Selection of periodicals.
- Conference/Group study rooms are available by appointment through the librarian.
- Desktop computers are available for use by faculty and students, and laptops are available for checkout.
- Online card catalog Destiny, academic databases*
Ms. Elizabeth Maddox offers both class and individual bibliographic research instruction to help students master a variety of research tools. Balancing the dynamics of change with the stable effectiveness of experience, Ms. Maddox, and the library volunteers assist students in accessing the information they need either among our hard copy collections or via databases and online services.