Archbishop Hannan High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving 620 students in grades 8 -12, located in Covington, Louisiana. Inspired by the life and ministry of Archbishop Philip Hannan, the school embodies a commitment to fostering faith, inspiring academic excellence, and developing character in every student. The faculty hiring season for Archbishop Hannan High School is routinely March and April, with employment each year commencing around the first of August. Job openings will be updated here so please check back on a regular basis.
Applying for a Job Opening at Archbishop Hannan High School
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Archbishop Hannan High School community, please follow the instructions outlined below.
- Complete the online Employment Application.
- Upload a cover letter and resume: The cover letter and resume are required for teaching, substitute, and school administrator applicants. It is preferred but not required for support staff candidates. Our online employment application allows you to directly upload these documents in a PDF or Word document.
More Information or Questions
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Rouge Helmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Archbishop Hannan High School has launched a national search for its next Head of School. To assist the school in this crucial process, the Archdiocese of New Orleans has retained the services of a leading regional and national executive search firm, Partners in Mission, which has specific expertise in securing exceptional leaders in Catholic education.
Based in Westwood, Mass., Partners in Mission is a nationally recognized, full-service consulting firm focused exclusively on delivering excellence in Catholic school advancement, leadership and executive search solutions. Partners in Mission has met with school administrators, teachers, students, parents and alumni to gain a first-hand understanding of our school’s community, mission and culture.
Following an extensive process, leading candidates will be identified, vetted and interviewed by stakeholders at Archbishop Hannan High School. Once the next Head of School is chosen, that person will work closely with the school's current principal, Father Charles Latour, until December 20, 2019, to ensure a smooth and successful transition process.
Archbishop Hannan High School, along with Partners in Mission, is focused on securing the right educational leader for this extraordinary school community. We encourage all interested candidates to download the Head of School Search Prospectus. This informative document highlights the school community and culture, as well as describing the position, responsibilities, and the qualities and characteristics desired in the next Head of School. For more information, please visit the Partners in Mission website or contact Michael Furey, at (570)730-2655.
Archbishop Hannan High School is seeking an experienced Mathematics Teacher beginning August 2019.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics minimum or a minimum of 18 credit hours in Mathematics courses required (advanced degree preferred);
- Candidates with more than three years experience are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Experience and proficiency with utilizing classroom technology, e.g., Laptops, Smartboard, learning management software;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates must complete the school's online application. You will have the opportunity to upload your resume and cover letter when you complete the online form.