Archbishop Hannan High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving 620 students in grades 8 -12, located in Covington, Louisiana. Inspired by the life and ministry of Archbishop Philip Hannan, the school embodies a commitment to fostering faith, inspiring academic excellence, and developing character in every student. The faculty hiring season for Archbishop Hannan High School is routinely March and April, with employment each year commencing around the first of August. Job openings will be updated here so please check back on a regular basis.
Applying for a Job Opening at Archbishop Hannan High School
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Archbishop Hannan High School community, please follow the instructions outlined below.
- Complete the online Employment Application.
- Upload a cover letter and resume: The cover letter and resume are required for teaching, substitute, and school administrator applicants. It is preferred but not required for support staff candidates. Our online employment application allows you to directly upload these documents in a PDF or Word document.
More Information or Questions
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Rouge Helmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archbishop Hannan High School is searching for an educator with a passion for teaching Latin. This is a full-time position, beginning on January 7, 2019. The successful candidate will teach a total of five sections: two (2) Latin I, two (2) Latin II, and one (1) Latin III courses in addition to the other duties and responsibilities of a full-time teacher at Archbishop Hannan High School. (Click here for a Job Description)
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Middle or high school Latin teaching experience
- SmartBoard technology experience
- Master’s Degree in Latin or Classics or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Latin or Classics or related field
- Passion for developing and leading independent thinkers and master learner
- A desire for opportunities to improve professionally via conferences, workshops, or online training
- Awareness of current pedagogical trends and standards
- Experience using technology in the classroom
- Demonstrated desire to participate and contribute to life outside the classroom