Catholic. Coed. College Prep.
At Archbishop Hannan High School, we take inspiration from the life and ministry of Archbishop Philip Hannan to foster faith, inspire academic excellence and develop character. We’re big enough (grades 8-12) to offer a broad, college preparatory curriculum and lots of extracurriculars, yet small enough to feel like a warm and loving family. A family that encourages each student to grow spiritually, intellectually, physically and creatively.
Our faculty members boast a wide range of talents and put them to use both in the classroom and out. Whether it’s by way of demanding academics, disciplined coaching or one-to-one mentorship, Hannan teachers help each student explore the full range of his or her interests and talents. Most importantly, we empower students to live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ and respond to the needs of those in the world around them.
- Location: a 24-acre Covington campus easily accessible from most of the Northshore
- Enrollment: Approximately 680 students from 12 Northshore communities
- History: Founded in 1987 in Meraux, Louisiana. The school relocated to Covington in 2008 as a result of destruction from Hurricane Katrina
- Faith: Over 80% of our students are Catholic; students from all faith traditions welcome and accepted
- Average Class Size: 19
- Advanced Placement Courses: 13
- Dual Enrollment Courses: Education, English, Sociology, and Spanish.
- College Matriculation: 99% of graduates go on to 4-year colleges and universities
- Technology: Wireless campus; 1:1 MacBook Air program; 80% of classrooms have SmartBoards; 100% of classrooms have LCD projectors and video access
- Extracurricular Activities: more than 90% of students participate in 25+ clubs, organizations and athletic teams
- Athletics: More than 58% students participate in athletics, including 23 co-ed varsity programs
- Community Service: The Christian Service program offers service opportunities throughout Greater New Orleans
- School Mascot: Hawks
- School Motto: Charity Leads to Perfection
Click here to learn about Archbishop Hannan High School's mission and vision.
Archbishop Hannan High School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.