We understand the choice of sending your child to Archbishop Hannan involves a significant commitment from the entire family; not the least of which is financial. As a Catholic school we strongly believe in doing whatever possible to help you through this process. We are proud to offer a financial assistance program designed to aid families who might not otherwise be able to afford an Archbishop Hannan education, as well those families experiencing temporary financial difficulties.
Archbishop Hannan High School awards over $110,000 in tuition assistance to more than 60 families annually. Assistance is provided through a combination of grants and work-study opportunities. Financial aid funds are limited. At the present, Archbishop Hannan cannot fully fund 100% of a student’s tuition. Each family will need to contribute a portion of the cost of educating their child.
Aid Determination Process
To maintain both equity and consistency to all of our families, Archbishop Hannan will grant financial aid awards only to those families whose application/tax information has been verified by FACTS, a well respected grant and financial aid assessment service. Awards are based primarily on a family’s demonstrated financial need as determined by the FACTS service after reviewing the supporting documentation.
The role of the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is to verify your expenses and household income in order to assist the school in making a fair and informed decision about the amount of aid to award each family.The School’s Financial Aid Committee will make the final decision on aid grants based on available funding. Please know that while we strive to meet each family’s documented and verified need, given the limits of our financial resources, this is simply not possible.
All families requesting need-based financial aid for the 2014-15 school year must apply by March 31, 2014. In order to complete the application, you will need to use your 2012 tax information.We have instituted this deadline to ensure that all applications and tax form information have adequate time to be verified by FACTS before the School’s Financial Aid Committee meeting. FACTS requires two weeks for processing and reviewing documentation.
Please note that all families currently receiving financial assistance must reapply for the following year. Financial Aid will be awarded only to students who have submitted the re-registration forms and the required $400 deposit for the 2014-15 school year. There is a limited amount of financial aid available and late applications will be considered only if there are remaining funds.
Applying for Financial Assistance
- Our primary goal is to distribute financial assistance as fairly as possible, recognizing some families need more assistance than others. In order to achieve this we ask all applicants to follow this application process. We will not consider any request for financial assistance unless the applicant has completed all of the following steps.
- Complete and submit your 2014-2015 Registration Form, with the $400 deposit. Only those families who have registered and submitted the deposit for the 2013-14 academic year will be considered for assistance.
- Visit the FACTS secure website. Click on the “Create a FACTS Account” button. Follow the instructions to create an account and complete the Financial Aid application online. The application and required documentation must be received by FACTS no later than March 31, 2014 in order to be considered for assistance.
- Submit your Federal Form 1040 Income Tax Return, W-2 forms and supporting documentation for non-taxable income to FACTS. You can upload your documents directly to FACTS by logging into your online account or fax them to 866-315-9264. Draft or Preview Copy tax documents cannot be accepted.
- The school will mail award notification letters to families on or after April 25, 2014.
For more information on Financial Assistance or to request a paper version of the FACTS Financial Aid application, please email Mr. Jerry Kennedy or call him at (985) 249-6363.