Transfer students are considered for admission based on their performance at their current schools, standardized test scores, courses completed prior to applying to Archbishop Hannan, a personal interview, and a completed application. A student’s academic performance and disciplinary records are given special consideration in assessing his or her transfer application.
Junior and senior year transfers are not accepted except in specific extenuating circumstances (recent relocation over 60 miles, death in the immediate family, etc.). Similarly, while it is preferred that a student enters at the beginning of the school year or at the semester break, under extenuating circumstances, the school will consider a mid-semester transfer depending on circumstances.
The Transfer Process
- Prospective applicants must first schedule a tour and interview with the Admissions Director. This important first step allows both the prospective applicant and the school the opportunity to get to know each other and feel confidant of the student’s potential for success at Archbishop Hannan.
- The applicant and parents/guardians should complete the online application for admission.
- Concurrent with completion of the admission application, the student’s current school should forward a copy of the student’s transcripts and standardized test scores to the Admissions Director. Archbishop Hannan will also need any important information regarding the applicant’s disciplinary history, medical history and any academic accommodations. Before making a final decision regarding acceptance, the Admissions Director or Principal will contact the principal at the applicant’s prior school for a recommendation.
- Upon receipt of the applicant’s record the Admission Director will meet with the Principal and other members of the Admission Committee to discern whether Archbishop Hannan High School is the best option for the applicant.
- Once admitted, an academic counselor will work with the Academic Dean to create a course schedule for the applicant.
- The final steps of the transfer process would include the student’s completion of the school’s registration form and payment of the registration fee.
Tuition for students that enter after the first day of school will be prorated.