Archbishop Hannan High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school enrolling over 600 students in grades 8-12. The faculty hiring season for Archbishop Hannan High School is routinely March and April, with employment each year commencing around the first of August. Job openings will be updated here so please check back on a regular basis.
Biology/Physical Science Teacher
The school is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Biology or Physical Science teacher.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
(1) Master's Degree (preferred) or Bachelors Degree in Biology, Secondary Science Education, or Physics
(2) Experience teaching high school Secondary Biology or Physical Science preferred, but not required
(3) Experience and proficiency with utilizing technology in the classroom
(4) Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
(5) Coaching experience preferred, but not required
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance will develop, implement and uphold the strategic financial vision of the school, and identify opportunities and challenges to achieving and maintaining financial stability.
- Create, implement and maintain accounting policies and internal control procedures, according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Coordinate all financial transactions, including revenue activities, expenditures, record keeping, reporting, and auditing
- Ensure all financial and accounting transactions are properly recorded in Quickbooks accounting software, including petty cash management, accounts receivable and accounts payable, payroll, and asset depreciation
- Execute month-end close functions, by reconciling bank and credit card accounts, booking adjusting journal entries, reports etc, for review and approval by the Principal.
- Coordinate all accounts payable functions with assistance from the Bookkeeper.
- Perform all duties related to payroll management.
- Coordinate staff benefits.
- Coordinate all cash management (cash account administration)
- Create and maintain records of all assets.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reporting for the school Principal, as well as the preparation and presentation of monthly financial statements at the quarterly advisory board meetings
- Provide accurate financial reports on monthly basis to Department Directors
- Facilitate fiscal year-end closing process
- Manage and support preparation of annual budget
- Lead preparation for financial audits
- Work with and supervise the school's Bookkeeper.
- Other responsibilities as appropriate and as assigned by the Principal.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting
- At least five (5) years of vast work experience with budgets exceeding 7M as a Director of Finance or Comptroller, preferably (but not required) in a non-profit or educational organization
- Extensive understanding and use of GAAP standards
- Consistent experience using Quickbooks accounting software management
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment, with a high level of responsibility, liaising between parents, faculty/staff, school administration and other external contacts
- High-level of self confidence and a can-do attitude, with a professional but fun disposition
- Stellar record of financial accountability as confirmed by a criminal and background reference check
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references by email to rlhelmer at hannanhigh.org or by USPS to:
Archbishop Hannan High School
Ms. Rouge Helmer
71324 Highway 1077
Covington, LA 70433
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; tuition remission; and retirement. Salary is commensurate with experience.