Archbishop Hannan High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving students in grades 8 -12, located in Covington, Louisiana. Inspired by the life and ministry of Archbishop Philip Hannan, the school embodies a commitment to fostering faith, inspiring academic excellence, and developing character in every student. With a maximum enrollment of 550 students, the school is large enough to provide a broad college preparatory curriculum and extracurricular programs, while still able to foster a family-like environment where young men and women find the inspiration to grow – spiritually, intellectually, physically and creatively.
We challenge our students with a rigorous academic program that taps into the abundant talents of a gifted faculty. We offer the kind of extracurricular opportunities that allow every student to explore the full range of his or her interests and talents. And most importantly, we provide opportunities for our students to live out the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and look beyond themselves in response to the needs of those in the world around them.
Fast Facts and Figures
Facts and figures alone can’t convey the true spirit of Archbishop Hannan, but they can give you a sense of who we are.
- Location: a 24-acre campus, in Covington, Louisiana. Centrally located to provide quick and easy access from most areas of the Northshore
- Enrollment: 455 students (projected for 2012) from approximately 12 communities on the Northshore
- History: Archbishop Hannan High School was founded in 1987 in Meraux, Louisiana. The school was relocated to its present location in 2008, after the original campus was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
- Faith: Although over 78% of our students are Catholic, students from all faith traditions find a home at Archbishop Hannan
- Average Class Size: 25
- Advanced Placement Courses: 6 courses
- Dual Enrollment Courses: 4 courses
- College Matriculation: 99 percent of graduates go on to 4 year colleges and universities
- Technology: Wireless campus with a 1-to- 1 iPad program; 80% of classrooms equipped with SmartBoards; 100% of classrooms equipped with LCD projectors, printers, and video access
- Extracurricular Activities: over 90 percent of students participate in our 25+ clubs, organizations and athletic teams
- Athletics: More than 58% students participate in athletics including 12 varsity and 16 sub-varsity teams.
- Service Program: The Christian Service program offers service opportunities throughout the greater New Orleans and Northshore areas
- School Mascot: Hawks
Archbishop Hannan High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Click here to learn about Archbishop Hannan's mission and vision.