The Hannan Fund
Tuition covers only about 85% of the cost of an Archbishop Hannan High School education. The remaining expenses are covered by fundraising efforts, the largest being The Hannan Fund. This appeal to parents, faculty, trustees, grandparents, and friends of Archbishop Hannan assists in bridging the difference, commonly called “the Gap”, between our tuition/fees ($9,275) and the actual cost ($9,825) for educating each Hannan student. In addition, we do not receive funds or subsidies from the Catholic Church or the Archdiocese of New Orleans.Every gift to The Hannan Fund goes directly back to benefit our students.
Ensuring Every Child's Success
The facilities and programs from which our students benefit every day cannot be sustained by tuition alone. It is only through your tax-deductible gifts that we are able to provide every student with the exceptional educational resources required for a premier Catholic high school experience. Hannan Fund gifts are needed to help Archbishop Hannan reach its educational goals and to carry out its mission of preparing students for successful lives of purpose and service.
Your tax-deductible gift impacts Archbishop Hannan students directly in any number of ways:
- Maintaining a tuition level that is competitive yet still attractive for families of diverse economic means.
- Facility upgrades – classroom and laboratory equipment and furniture, library/media center technology, maintenance of overall campus.Teacher Development – curriculum and professional development workshops
- Campus Ministries – Service Projects, retreats and leadership building programs
- Performing and Fine Arts – In school exhibits, fall and spring drama and musicals, art materials, performing arts equipment
- Technology upgrades – Continuous support of wireless networks and media based curriculum
- Financial Aid – Support for students and families unable to pay full tuition in a time of need
The success of The Hannan Fund depends on participation from all Hannan families. Your tax-deductible gift to The Hannan Fund, regardless of the amount, demonstrates your confidence in the mission of Archbishop Hannan High School. Additional participation in the Fund from grandparents, alumni and friends of the school plays a major role in encouraging corporate and foundation donors to support the Fund.
Ways to Give
- Credit Card: Click here to access our secure and safe online donation form. You have the option of making a one-time gift or automated monthly or annual recurring tax-deductible gifts.
- Cash or Check: Complete the online Pledge form noting the amount of your donation. Drop off or mail your check (payable to Archbishop Hannan High School) to Advancement Office, Archbishop Hannan High School, 71324 Highway 1077, Covington, LA 70433.
- Matching Gift: Your contribution to Archbishop Hannan may qualify for a matching gift from your employer. In addition, some employers honor spouse and retiree contributions as well. Please check with your Human Resources/Personnel office for information regarding matching gifts.
Take the Next Step
The Hannan Fund is the lifeblood of the School's advancement efforts. We thank you in advance for considering a gift in support of this effort.