Mission, Values & Vision
Archbishop Hannan High School is an educational ministry of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Knowing that parents and guardians are the primary educators, the Archbishop Hannan administrators, teachers, staff, and coaches and moderators, work in partnership with parents and guardians to help Hannan students develop a conscious and active faith life that will inspire them to leadership in the Church and service to the community.
The Mission of Archbishop Hannan High School
Archbishop Hannan High School strives to form faith-filled leaders by developing the whole student – intellect, body and character. Through an academically rigorous education and Christ-centered formation, we prepare and inspire our students to think critically, act with compassion and integrity, and respond as servant leaders to the needs of a complex world.
The Community Values of Archbishop Hannan High School
We are an Educational Faith Community
- Guided by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Developing a desire for wisdom and truth through the Traditions and Teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Celebrating the fact that we are all made in the image and likeness of God and thus, a person of innate and immense value.
- Appreciating the value and responsibility arising from our membership in the Archbishop Hannan educational Faith Community.
We are a Community with Prayer and Worship at Our Center
- Gathering regularly for the celebration of the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- Praying together each day as a school, in classes, and as teams and clubs.
- Providing opportunities for frequent practice of traditional Catholic devotions.
We Are a Community Rooted In Our School Motto – "Charity Leads to Perfection"
- Seeking out opportunities for students to reach out in service and compassion to the marginalized and oppressed.
- Recognizing that everyone is a child of God and thus demands and deserves respect and compassion.